49 Amazing Facts about Hinduism that most Hindus Probably wouldn’t know.
21. US president Barack Obama always carries a statue of Hanuman the monkey god with him.
22. Steve Jobs had suggested Mark Zuckerbug to visit to visit Kainchi Dham, a temple in Uttarakhand to find his inner peace and spirituality.
23. The World’s richest religious structure is in India, The Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala holds properties including most precious jewelry worth around US$ 22.3 Billion.
24. There are 108,000 recognized temples in India.
25. The worlds tallest Subramanya Swamy statue is in Malaysia.
26. There is no known founder or governing body for Hinduism.
27.’Hinduism’ is not the real word for the religion. The real name for Hinduism is Sanatana Dharma. This means “eternal dharma”, or eternal truth.
28. The word Hinduism is derived from the word ‘Sindhu River’.
29. ‘Kumbhamela’, a Hindu Festival which occurs once every 12 years is the largest gathering of humans in the world.
30. Hinduism also formed the basis for modern science with the advent of the decimal system, zero and point system.