40 Achievements of Mr. Chandrababu Naidu in 2 Years as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
Ever since Nara Chandrababu Naidu took the mantle of the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on June 8 2014, he has made several innovations in the state; developing the state extensively. These efforts are more commendable, owing to the fact that the state was newly bifurcated and had the least possible resources. So as he completes two years as the chief minister of the state, let’s take a look at some achievements in these two years…
1. Chandrababu Naidu put Andhra Pradesh on a lightening fast pace towards becoming the IT Hub of the country by introducing the first IT policy.
2. The TDP government also released the first ever Aerospace and Defence Policy, to promote the growth of these sectors in the state; thereby generating employment in tens of thousands.
3. In Jan 2016, the state released the first of its kind Retail Trade Policy, aiming to attract retail investments of over Rs. 5000 crore by 2020.
4. The Land-pooling policy of the state won the trust of farmers who willingly gave over 35000 acres of land for the development of the capital region.
5. Tied up with Singapore to build a world-class capital city – Amaravati.
6. To ensure all round development of the state, Chandrababu Naidu took the crucial decision of decentralising development across all regions of the state; with different sectors spread across different districts.
7. Attracting investors like Cadbury, Honda, Lockheed Martin and Airbus to the state; Mr. Naidu ensured all these giants start Making-in-Andhra, generating employment in lakhs.
8. By formulating the first Start-Up Policy and implementing it successfully, Chandrababu Naidu’s vision of a Sunrise State is one step closer to becoming a reality.
9. When the cyclone Hudhud hit Vizag and devastated it, the TDP government led by Mr. Naidu worked round the clock and got the city back on its feet in record time.
10. Keeping in sync with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Make-in-India campaign, Mr. Naidu kick-started the Make-in-Andhra campaign and got several international firms to the state.
11. Representing the state in the World Economic Forum at Davos in 2015, Mr. Naidu got giants like Pepsico and Walmart to the state.
12. The TDP government initiated the construction of a new secretariat complex in the state in February and it is to be completed in a record time of four months.
13. In the two years of the TDP rule, aviation in Andhra Pradesh registered a staggering 59% growth.
14. The Fiber Grid internet system, introduced by the TDP government, is the world’s cheapest internet connectivity system; with aim to connect every household in the state. Costs were extensively cut down by using existing electrical poles to lay cables.
15. Introduced online vehicle registration; eliminating the need for agents and making the processes a lot simpler.
16. By replacing the existing streetlights with LEDs, the TDP government managed to cut down costs drastically. This is a perfect testimony of CBN’s innovative thinking.
17. Successfully relaunched the Janmabhoomi programme along with the Neeru Chettu program to maintain the ecological balance in the state.
18. Allocated land and got sanctions for several top institutions like IIT, IIM, Central University, etc in the state.
19. The construction of the Polavaram Irrigation Project is going on at a lightening fast pace and will be completed by 2018.
20. By formulating a Sand Policy and digitising the necessary factors; the TDP government has curbed sand mafia in the state.
21. Announcement of Metro-Rail transportation system in Vizag and Vijayawada.
22. In association with NASSCOM, Mr. Naidu announced the inauguration of a Startup Warehouse in the Vizag.
23. Aiming to turn the state into the agro-processing hub in the country; Mr. Naidu announced the development of several ‘food parks’ across various districts in the state.
24. The Paper-Free cabinet of Mr. Naidu is the first of its kind in the country.
25. To provide top-notch healthcare even in the remote villages in the state, Chandrababu Naidu launched the ‘Chandranna Sanchara Chikitsa’, mobile healthcare units.
26. Over two lakh energy efficient water pumps to be given to farmers across the state for free.
27. The Automobile policy launched by state is a one-of-its-kind and ensured giants like Hero Motocorp to the state.
28. When he visited London, he met with the officials at King’s College Hospital and later announced his plans to build a 1000 bed hospital to be set up by the King’s Hospital; in Amaravati.
29. After deciding the capital region of the state, Mr. Naidu moved the CMO from Hyderabad to Vijayawada; making his own office the very first office to move there. A true leader who leads by example.
30. In April 2016, CBN announced the construction of a Dredging harbour at Antharvedi; which is the first of its kind in the country.
31. Ensuring women empowerment, CBN passed a resolution in the assembly on Women’s day 2016, for 33% reservation for women in the law-making entities.
32. Though it was devastated by Hudhud, CBN turned Vizag into one of the cleanest cities in India in just a year. It was ranked fifth in the list of clean cities in India!
33. Under his rule, Andhra Pradesh registered a double digit growth in the GDP. At 10.5% growth in 2015-2016; the state far surpassed the national growth of 7.4%.
34. Launched the NTR Sujala program to provide 20 liters of mineral water for just Rs. 2.
35. Successfully achieved 24X7 power in the state, with zero power deficit.
36. The Godavari Pushkaralu in 2015 was a prime example of administrative excellence; except for that one unfortunate event. The logistics provided by the government were much appreciated by everyone.
37. The Pattiseema project, initiated by the TDP government, is a pathbreaking project involving the integration of Godavari and Krishna Rivers. It will provide irrigation to 7 lakh acres of farm-land in the state; greatly benefitting the drought prone Rayalaseema.
38. In the CII partnership summit Vizag, CBN attracted investments of over Rs. 6 lakh crore to the state.
39. Several inland waterways in the state are being developed as a part of the National Waterway 4 Program.
40. On April 14, 2016, Chandrababu Naidu initiated the mega housing scheme to provide housing for 6 lakh poor people in the state.