The 17 Martyrs That Sacrificed Their Lives At The Uri Attacks
Terror struck the area of Line of Control in the early hours of Sunday. The Indian Army intervened and neutralized the situation by removing the militant forces but 17 Indian lives had to be sacrificed and 19 others were injured in this terror strike on an army camp close to the headquarters of the 12th Brigade at Uri in Baramulla district. All the four terrorists have been killed in the attack but however this attack was worse than the one mounted on Pathankot air base earlier in January this year, in which seven army men were killed. As the nation mourns this tragedy, here is a list of the brave-hearts that died in this attack:
From the top, order is from left to right
1. Subedar Karnail Singh, r/o Vill Shibu Chak, Teh- Bishnah, Dist Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir.
2. Havildar Ravi Paul, r/o Samba, Dist Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir.
3. Havildar NS Rawat, r/o Vill Rajawa, Dist Rajasmand, Rajasthan.
4. Havildar Ashok Kumar Singh, r/o Vill Raktu Tola, Dist Bhojpur, Bihar.
5. Naik SK Vidarthi, r/o Vill Boknari, Dist Gaya, Bihar.
6. Lance Naik RK Yadav, r/o Vill Balia, Uttar Pradesh.
7. Lance Naik G Shankar, r/o Vill Jashi, Dist Satara, Maharashtra.
8. Sepoy Ganesh Shankar, r/o Vill Ghoorapalli, Dist Sant Kabir Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
9. Sepoy Naiman Kujur, r/o Vill Gumla, Chainpur, Jharkhand.
10. Sepoy Biswajit Ghorai, r/o Vill Ganga Sagar, Dist South 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
11. Sepoy Rakesh Singh, r/o Vill Baddja, Dist Kaimur, Bihar.
12. Sep G Dalai, r/o Vill Jamuna Balia, Dist Howarah, West Bengal.
13. Sepoy Uike Janrao, r/o Vill Nandgaon (Kh), Dist Amravati, Maharashtra.
14. Sepoy Harinder Yadav, r/o Vill Ghazipur, Dist Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh.
15. Sepoy TS Somnath, r/o Vill Khadangali, Dist Nashik, Maharashtra.
16. Sepoy Javra Munda, r/o Vill Meral, Dist Khuti, Jharkhand.
17. Sepoy Rajesh K Singh, r/o Vill Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh.
A big salute to the martyrs. The nation shall not forget your sacrifice!