If you’re in Vizag, then do make it a point to visit the ‘World Telugu Museum’ atop Kailasagiri that presents a splendid picture of Telugu language’s heritage, historical significance and evolution. Opened by Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in November 2015, the art and design of the museum was created by prominent art director Padma Shri Thota Tharini. Here are the highlights of the museum:
1. The beautifully carved sculptures.
2. Some magnificent art work inside the museum.
3. Portraits of prominent persons from united Andhra Pradesh, under the categories of Prime Ministers, Chief Ministers, Dadasaheb Phalke awardees, Jnanpith awardees, litterateurs and freedom fighters.
4. The mesmerizing view of the city of destiny from the hill top.
5. Hand-written inscriptions from the history.