Indian Railway Budget 2015 – Highlights.
Indian Railway Budget 2015- 2016 Highlights :
- No Increase in Passenger Ticket Charges.
- Innovation Center to implement new Ideas and Technologies in Railways.
- Special Department to maintain cleanliness in Trains and Railway stations in line with Swachh Bharath.
- Apps and Websites to increase the ease in ticketing.
- WiFi in major Railway Stations.
- Training in Yoga and Spoken Skill for Railway staff.
- 17,000 toilets to be replaced by bio toilets.
- 3rd lane between Kazipet and Vijayawada.
- CC Cameras in compartments reserved for women.
- Raise in Railway ticket booking window to 120 days from 60 days.
- 1330% increase in allocation for railway electrification.
- Probably the first Railway Budget with no New Trains announced.
- Consideration for high speed trains in Golden Quadrilateral.
The new way of introducing the Rail Budget with not enough details on which projects got fund allocation and which did not, having no new trains announced on the railway budget are going to take time for people to accept. The increasing demand for new trains especially in Southern States and demands for new Railway Zones and various other issues have been in pending for years and people were hoping to see some movement on those in the Modi’s Railway Budget. This is a Big Blow to everyone waiting for those announcements in the Railway Budget.
“Suresh Prabhu’s Train didn’t stop in Stations filled with Passengers waiting for the Train, Its on a different mission ” – South Report.
Image Source: Flickr/Vinoth