15 Highlights That You Need To Know About Krishna Pushkaralu
Krishna Pushkaralu 2016 was a mega event and the way Andhra Pradesh government handled it, is just mind blowing. From extensive security and safety facilities to convenient logistics, it was all taken care of. Here’s a look at some highlights about it.
1. Just as expected, a total of 2 crore people took the holy dip at the Krishna Pushkaralu.
2. On a stretch of 12kms, a total of 170 ghats have been laid specifically for Pushkaralu.
3. There were a police force of 31,400 all the time to ensure a smooth conduct.
4. A massive 98,000 workers were deployed just to keep the ghats clean and hygienic.
5. A highly sophisticated command and control center, equipped with 1400 CCTV cameras was used to monitor and respond to contingency situations.
6. For better convenience, 51 Pushkar nagars, that can host thousands of pilgrims at once, were installed.
7. A total of 547 DWCRA stalls were deployed at various ghats across the Krishna and Guntur districts enabling DWCRA women to sell their products to a large market.
8. With the help of TTD and Akshyapatra foundation, the government served free and hygienic food to 3 lakh pilgrims every day.
9. The government ensured the delivery of 24×7 medical services and offered 188 types of medicines for free at all the ghats.
10. 700 free buses were deployed and operated to carry passengers to the ghats.
11. The Krishnamma mobile app has been launched for better convenience of the pilgrims.
12. A helicopter ride facility has also been added to the list of facilities at Krishna Pushkaralu.
13. Water sports are installed at the Punnami ghat to add a fun element to the mega event.
14. There have been some touching incidents of the police officials restoring faith in humanity.
15. Kala Jathas, traditional art forms, Kuchipudi dance performances with around 100 artistes, music recitals and torch rallies added more beauty to magnificence of the 12-day mega event.