These quotes from Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam will make you salute him for his amazing personality.
Here we present Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam quotes that has inspired every Indian and will keep inspiring them.
1. “Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
2. “I like to see students joining politics. Only then India will see faster progress.”
3. “Indian Youth should become Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs to transform India into a developed Nation.”
4. “The country doesn’t deserve anything less than success from us. Let us aim for success.”
5. “Politics are good, Political parties should engage in 30 % of Politics and 70 % of Development Politics. That way India will develop.”
6. “Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.”
7. “Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.”
8. “Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you. But to help you realise your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you too are difficult.”
9. “Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.”
10. “We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilizational heritage.”
11. “For great men, religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool.”
― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
12. “When learning is purposeful, creativity blossoms. When creativity blossoms, thinking emanates. When thinking emanates, knowledge is fully lit. When knowledge is lit, economy flourishes.”
― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Indomitable Spirit
13. “Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.”
14. “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.”
15. “English is necessary as at present original works of science are in English. I believe that in two decades times original works of science will start coming out in our languages. Then we can move over like the Japanese.”
16. “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence.”
17. “My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.”
18. “The world has today 546 nuclear plants generating electricity. Their experience is being continuously researched, and feedback should be provided to all. Nuclear scientists have to interact with the people of the nation, and academic institutions continuously update nuclear power generation technology and safety.”
19. “A large number of scientists and engineers leave this country at their first opportunity to earn more money abroad. It is true that they definitely get greater monetary benefits, but could anything compensate for this love and respect from one’s own countrymen?”
20. “My story—the story of the son of Jainulabdeen, who lived for over a hundred years on Mosque Street in Rameswaram island and died there; the story of a lad who sold newspapers to help his brother; the story of a pupil reared by Sivasubramania Iyer and Iyadurai Solomon; the story of a student taught by teachers like Pandalai; the story of an engineer spotted by MGK Menon and groomed by the legendary Prof. Sarabhai; the story of a scientist tested by failures and setbacks; the story of a leader supported by a large team of brilliant and dedicated professionals. This story will end with me, for I have no belongings in the worldly sense. I have acquired nothing, built nothing, possess nothing—no family, sons, daughters.”
― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Wings of Fire
These are not only quotes but lessons for life one must learn and follow. India has surely suffered a great loss by death of the ‘Missile Man’. But, he will still be remembered and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam quotes will keep inspiring the young India.
Also read: The Last Moments of Abdul Kalam Sir.