CM Chandrababu Naidu to turn Engineering colleges into Startup Boot Camps.
The engineering colleges of Andhra Pradesh are soon going to turn into innovation hubs. The A.P innovation and Start up movement by CM Chandrababu Naidu is going to make it all possible, started as an important part of the AP start up mission project the government of Andhra Pradesh is on verge to establish Entrepreneurship hubs in the colleges helping the students to achieve their start up dreams and become “Andhrapreneurs”. The Start up policy was announced and the Start up village in Vizag was inaugurated, as the next big step, start up boot camps are being inaugurated on 29th of January 2015 by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Mr.Nara Chandra Babu Naidu.
The government earlier started the Sunrise Start Up village in Visakhapatnam which is the first incubator in the state to be followed by one in Vijayawada and Tirupati. There are plans to establish 1000 of these facilities in the coming 10 years with a initial investment of 1000 crores and proposal of welcoming private investments through venture capitalists and the colleges were ordered to make the students familiar of these efforts.
Boot camp programs are being arranged as ice breakers for the students to get used to the event which include idea pooling, group discussions and speeches. All these activities are focused on molding the present generation of engineering students to become capable business persons and lead the Start Up movement of India from Andhra Pradesh. As a part of this, 103 colleges are being welcomed to be a part of this venture which is shared by 621 students who are guided and supervised by 103 mentors.
The first two meeting of this plan will be held on 23-jan-2015 and 25-jan-2015 with students from various selected colleges.
The activities under this include:
- The management should encourage and help students to monetize their ideas.
- The students should be given access to computers and internet 24 hours a day throughout the year at the college.
- Conducting frequent seminars and facilitating students to discuss their ideas.
- Mentors should be allotted to the students and they must frequently guide and help the students on improving their ideas.
- The boot camp should have a proper structure that involves a C.E.O, C.O.O, C.M.O, C.F.O, C.T.O, C.C.O, C.S.O and a student Representative elected by the students. All of this corporate style body should have students coming together and building their start up at the college.
- The incentives provided under the AP Innovation and Start Up Policy will be applied to the student start up community.
Image Source: Start Up Village, Kochi.