Chandrababu Naidu Highlights 14 Issues About Andhra Pradesh to Narendra Modi
In a written communication sent to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidu highlighted 14 issues about the state which have to be resolved by the Central government.
Saying, “As per the points stated in the Andhra Pradesh Partition law, if the promises given in Parliament about special status are not fulfilled within the timeline, people might lose patience and faith in the democracy”, the letter speaks about various promises that were made to the state by the central government and requests the Prime Minister to look into it at the earliest.
The 14 Issues That Were Highlighted are:
1. Granting a special status for the state.
2. Industrial subsidies similar to that of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
3. The remaining amount of Rs. 13,275.76 crore that is yet to be released after the 2014-15 Revenue loss.
4. The loan limit to be increased to 3.5%.
5. Necessary funds to be released to complete Polavaram national project by 2018-19.
6. Necessary funds to construct a Secretariat, Assembly, Raj Bhavan and other government buildings in the new capital Amaravati.
7. Funds to be released to complete the Metro projects.
8. Similar to that of Bundelkhand-Koraput-Kalahandi package, every Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra should be allocated with an amount of Rs. 200 crore for 5 years.
9. According to the State Partition law and Supreme Court judgement, institutions and corporation assets should be divided within the two states.
10. All educational institutions as considered in the partition law to be constructed immediately with necessary funds.
11. A new railway zone for Visakhapatnam.
12. A refinery in the state, a Seaport in Nellore district, Steel plant in Kadapa.
13. An apex council meeting to solve the issues with respect to Godavari, Krisha river discharge boards.
14. Number of Assembly seats to be increased to 225 according to Partition law, Section 26(1).