AP government to set up IT township in Visakhapatnam


In a move to develop Visakhapatnam as the IT hub of the state, the government of Andhra Pradesh is now planning on establishing a new IT township in the city. To be spread over an area of 1750 acres, this IT township will have 65% of all the IT investments that the state has.

The government has already started identifying the suitable lands to set up IT companies in the city and so far, land has been allotted for more than 27 companies at  the three hills under the monitorship of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC). Out of these 27 companies, 70 percent are fully functional with live projects and the remaining 30 percent will start son.

Nearly 30 acres of land at Ghambeeram Sez has been allotted for the central government owned Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering Research Institute (SAMEER) and they have started the project work recently.

As most of the IT investors are showing to set up their companies in Vishakhapatnam, APIIC has identified 1,750 acres of land at Kapulapadu area for IT township and that is a potential location; after it is surveyed properly and divided into practical, functional zones.

The Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has urged every official involved in this to speed up the processes and finish the allocation of lands in a period of six months.