49 Amazing Facts about Hinduism that most Hindus Probably wouldn’t know.
41. All the books related to Hinduism are written in one common language, Sanskrit. This is one of the oldest known language in the world from which most of the Indian Languages are derived.
42. The Vedas and many other teachings of Hinduism were preserved for thousands of years without paper. They were Chanted, memorized and passed on to the next generations.
43. Yoga, Pranayama, Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and Vastu which now are widely famous in the west are all part of Hindu culture and lifestyle.
44. Vasthu Sastra, which translates to ” The Science of Architecture ” is an ancient Hindu literature of architecture written between 6000 BCE and 3000 BCE with its influence clearly seen in Harappa and Mohenjo-daro civilizations.
Look at it Scientifically, The places where people spend their Day are designed in the East and their evenings are designed in the West, making a maximum sunlight exposure. More sunlight is more health and less energy consumption making it eco friendly and this concept being designed more than 8000 years ago.
45. Singapore City is built based on the Hindu literature of Architecture called ” Vastu ” which is appreciated by the most modern day architects and is adopted in their designs around the world.
46. ‘Mahabharata’ one of the most revered books of India is 10 times larger than Iliad and Odyssey combined together.
47. Yoga, the World’s most practiced form of spiritual and physical fitness procedure, originated from Hinduism in the Indus- Saraswati civilization 5000 years ago.
48. Swami Vivekananda is famous for his speech on Universal Brotherhood at world religions conference. Swami ‘re introduced Hinduism to the western world. The Prime street in Chicago, USA is named after Swami Vivekananda in his honor and remembrance of his famous speech.
49. After his lab was burnt down in a fire accident and losing all his research material, Nikolas Tesla got depressed, learnt about Swami Vivekananda and Hinduism, Started reading about Hinduism and invented “Cosmic Energy” after he Spent reading Hindu mythological books which talks about the Universe and the exchange of energies.
Amazing isn’t it.?!! Next time when someone asks you about Hinduism, Tell them you know a lot about.! Amaze them with the Facts and the Scientific Connection of the Religion and its Practices.
These are only a few Amazing Facts. Feel Free to suggest more additions/improvements/corrections to the Article by leaving a comment.