30 Achievements of KCR in 2 Years As The CM of Telangana
Telangana was established as a new state on June 1, 2014, after a long struggle by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti, headed by KCR. In the two years that have passed since Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao took the mantle of the Chief Minister of Telangana; he has done a lot for the welfare of the state. Let’s take a look at some of the achievements of KCR in two years…
1. Launched Mission Kakatiya in March 2015, with the aim to restore all the lakes and tanks in Rural Telangana. Once completed, these tanks will provide much as 250~270 TMC of water available for agricultural, irrigational, live stock and drinking water needs.
2. Launched Mission Bhagiratha to provide safe drinking water in every household in Telangana. Work is going on at a terrific pace.
3. Initiated a pension scheme of Rs. 1000 for senior citizens in 2014.
4. The extensive household survey conducted in August 2014 was the first of its kind and it enabled the government to get the right kind of statistics to provide various facilities and implement various schemes.
5. The state achieved a GSDP growth of 9.2% in 2015-2016; which is more than the national growth.
6. Launched the online public service commission recruitment program in the state with a grand success and national popularity.
7. The TRS government managed to curtail the inflation at 4.3% in 2015-2016.
8. The TRS government implemented the Asara pension scheme to protect the most vulnerable sections of the society in particular, the, physically challenged persons, people with HIV-AIDS, widows, incapacitated weavers and toddy tappers and Beedi workers.
9. The infant mortality rate in the state came down from 38 to 28 per 1000 live births; which is much better than the National average of 40.
10. Launched the IT Investor Policy in April 2016, to further enhance the IT sector in the state.
11. In 2015, the government launched T-Hub, the largest incubator for startups in India.
12. In May 2016, Apple launched its Maps development center in Hyderabad, with a potential employment of 4000.
13. In March 2016, KCR signed MoU with Maharashtra government and ended the decades-long dispute over Godavari waters between the two states.
14. Micromax launched its manufacturing facility in Telangana and the IT minister KTR inaugurated it in April 2016.
15. Tech Giants like Apple and Uber chose Hyderabad as their major base outside USA.
16. The logistics provided by the Telangana government during the Godavari Pushkaram – 2015 were much appreciated by the people.
17. In 2015, Telangana featured as the third best state in India, in attracting international and domestic tourists.
18. Keeping in sync with PM Narendra Modi’s Swachch Bharat program, the Telangana government launched the Swaachch Hyderabad program with tremendous success.
19. The Government launched the 2BHK housing scheme for the poor and the construction of the houses has been going on at a fast pace; with several houses at several locations ready to be allotted.
20. In 2015, Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) was been ranked third best airport in the world in 5-15 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category; by the Airports Council International.
21. In order to decentralise the development in the state, the TRS government is now turning Warangal into an IT hub in the state.
22. In April 2016, Toshiba announced the launching of a railway systems manufacturing facility in Hyderabad.
23. The Hyderabad Metro Project began working at a much faster pace after the TRS government came to power in 2014.
24. The Hyderabad police launched several initiatives for the safety of the people; especially initiatives like the She Teams, launched for women safety in the city.
25. In April 2016, the Telangana Government launched e-stamps program to curb corruption and facilitate easy property registrations.
26. The TRS government launched its Gaming and Animation Policy in 2016. A first-of-its-kind policy to establish Hyderabad as the Gaming and Animation technology hub in the country.
27. KCR has taken extensive efforts to revive Telangana culture and celebrated Bonalu and Bathukamma with grandeur across the state. A tableau of Bonalu was also featured in the Republic Day parade in Delhi, in 2015.
28. The TRS government achieved 24*7 power across the state.
29. After the state division, the Road Transport Corporation was reorganised as TSRTC and got a major revamp with many new fleets introduced.
30. The TRS government introduced the State Industrial Policy to promote the growth of various sectors in the state; thus providing all-round development of the state.