20 things to know about Andhra Pradesh’s new IT Policy.
Andhra Pradesh government announced new IT Policy to transform AP as a silicon corridor by 2020.
Here are 20 things to know about the new IT policy:
1. Govt of AP is establishing Mega IT hubs in Visakhapatnam , Vijayawada , Kakinada and Ananthapuram.
2. Information Technology Investment Regions ( ITIRs ) to be set up in Tirupati and Visakhapatnam.
3. Iconic Signature Tower ( Like Cyber Towers, Hyderabad ) with 1 lakh sq.ft of office space will be developed in vizag along with 5 lakhs sq.ft IT Township.
4. Tirupati – Anantapuram IT corridor, Air connectivity with expansion of Vishakapatnam and Tirupati Airports, 24*7 power supply for IT Industry are the main infrastructural developments for IT development ahead.
5. 10 % subsidy for companies established with in two years from 2014.
6. Exemption from Labour laws, permissions for 3 shifts working.
7. Rs. 60000 incentive for every job in Mega hubs & Rs. 40000 incentive for every job in other projects.
8. Every one acre land allotted IT company should provide a minimum of 500 jobs.
9. Mega IT projects which have potential to create more than 5,000 jobs will get 10 rupees subsidy for every sq.ft of building rent and 10 % investment subsidy, 5 lakhs Rupees Reimbursement for Patent Filing.
10. Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises MSME would get a power subsidy of 25 per cent for 3 years or 30 lakhs rupees.
11. SC,ST Women Entrepreneur will get 50 % Power subsidies for 5 years or 50 lakhs rupees.
12. 20000 rupees recurring training assistance for every job created in first 2 years of establishment of the firm, 20 % subsidy for band width charges.
13. Exclusive and attractive incentives for IT companies setting up in Rural.
14. Single window permissions center, eBiz Portal which will work for 24*7.
15. Companies to get approval within 4 weeks. If they do not get the approval in 4 weeks, the companies can consider it as an approval and start the work.
16. All IT ITES Parks, Mega hubs, ITIR Zones will be accorded with Industrial Area Local Authority (IALA) status.
17. Upgrade in engineering courses and syllabus to develop industry ready human resources.
18. Training institute for IT in collaboration with the Fortune Companies. Credits in engineering degree for online certifications and courses.
19. Apprenticeship/ Internship mandatory for engineering students in final year.
20. IT parks and ITIR Zones will be developed through Public private Partnership (PPP). IT zones to be developed with Walk-to-Work, Cycle-to-Work concept.
- Modi and I are brand ambassadors for our governments- Naidu
- Andhra Pradesh clears mega projects
- Sea plane tourism in Andhra Pradesh
Img source: nunet3