1. There will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued.
Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw as Corps Commander in 1962 Indo chinese war
2. If death strikes before I prove my blood, I promise (swear), I will kill death.
Late Captain Manoj Pandey (PVC) in his dairy during Kargil war. He was immortalized at 24.
3. Written somewhere in the weapon training block of National Defence Academy.
4. No Sir, I will not abandon my tank. My gun is still working and I will get these bastards.”
-Lt. Arun Kehtarpal PVC , 16 December 1971, Indo-Pak War, on the day of his demise at age of 21.
5. The enemy are only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round.
-Major Somnath Sharma , the 1st Param Veer Chakra. The Battle of Badgam in 1947.
6. If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha.
-Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.
7. A board in Officers Training Academy ,Chennai.
8. At Army training camp, Sikkim.
9. Quote from an anonymous Kargil Jawan, Salute to his sprit!
10. Ye dil maange more.
Captain Vikram Batrais well known in for using this slogan, as his signal to communicate mission success 🙂
11. Who can forget this legend?
12. Army Museum. Leh, Ladakh.
This it technically not a quote, but it cracked me up 😀
13. This is a very popular quote in our army
14. Depicts the life of an soldier in 8 words.
15. Army Hall of fame building. Leh, Ladakh.
16. This, from the Diary of “Kirthi chakra” Capt. R. Subramanian.
On 19th of June 2000, he made his supreme sacrifice facing the militants at Kupwara dist in Jammu and Kashmir.
17. This again, from the legendary Field marshal Sam Manekshaw.
18. They always stood up to it, didn’t they?
19. Play your role in life with such passion, that even after the curtains come down, the applause doesn’t stop.
Whatsapp status of Colonel M.N.Rai the day he died. 24 hours after he was awarded a gallantry medal for his service in Kashmir, Colonel Munindra Nath Rai was killed while leading an operation against terrorists in a village in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
20. And, the award for the most bad ass quote goes to…..