15 Must Do Things in Vizag.
1. Get off the train and curse the humidity.
2. Get hooked to eeti(enti or what) and baiyya(brother )
3.Get on top of any one of the numerous hills and prepare to be amazed
(offer valid for the few along the beach road)
4. Watch a movie at the famous Jagadamba Theatre.
(they screen English movies sometimes in the smaller theater )
5. Just walk around after a matinee if you are looking to shop for something.
Its just a crowded street market ,but a lot of fun and the shops close by 11 so..)
6. Wake up Sunday morning and go for a trek at Kambalakonda.
If you see a shaking bush ,make sure its an animal before you get your cameras out.
7. Go for a walk along the Ramakrishna beach road stretch.
8. Listen to the guide tell you how a submarine works when you get into this
Ps:if you are 6ft or taller , you’re screwed !.
9. Wonder why this is called the dolphin nose.
(It looks like a whale)
10.Take the ‘ole cable car to the top of Kailasagiri to witness this awesome view.
When on top walk till you find a babas ashram and get the 25p orange candy for prashad.(only if you do touch the feet of his life size photo)
11. Gather a group of friends and drive to Araku valley
Do visit the borra caves.
12. Drive along the long stretch beach road and end up at the bheemili beach.
(might want to stop breathing when you start seeing dry fish on the road)
13. Try moori mixture, Vizag’s own version of bhel.
(available at all crowded places)
14. Sit on the sand. Do nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Source: Prithvi Poosapati
15. Go watch the Waves on the Beach on a Full Moon day with your Dearest one. There is nothing more Awesome than this.!
Source : Naveen Patnaik
Cove image source: Flickr