The new IT policy released by the Telangana state government aims to make the state as preferred destination for any IT firm around the world. After unveiling the Telangana IT policy, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said that Hyderabad is already attracting the IT companies from various places across the world and this new policies aims to attract more companies to this place. “I am confident that this new policy will definitely give a boost to the IT sector in Hyderabad and became a role model for the rest of the country.” IT and Panchayat Raj Minister KT Rama Rao shared that now it’s a good sign and the policy not only focused on promoting Information technology in Hyderabad, but also in Tier II, Tier III and other smaller villages.
The policy also covers Telangana Electronics Policy, Telangana Gaming and Animation policy, Telangana Rural Technology centers policy and Telangana Innovation policy.
Here are 15 things that you need to know about the Telangana IT policy:
1. Government of Telangana is planning to double the value of IT exports from current Rs 68,232 crore in the next 5 years.
2. Eight lakh job opportunities in next 5 years in IT sector.
3. The government proposed to set up IT hubs in Tier II and Tier III areas.
4. The rural IT hubs will be called as Rural Technology Centres (RTCs) and these centres are likely to be set up in mandals or village with a population of not less than 50,000.
5. The state proposed to ban online pornographic sites
6. More benefits for the people in IT sector such as linking the cost rebate to the employment.
7. Tailor-made package of incentives for mega IT projects and marquee IT companies.
8. Government planning to attract investments worth $3 billion in Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector by 2020.
9. The government also signed MoU’s 28 companies to promote skill training in the state.
10. Taking measures to facilitate the growth of 5000 startups in the state including 1000 IT product, 300 Electronics and 400 clean-tech startups.
11. The Telangana IT sector will be a Rs 1 lakh crore industry within the next 24 months
12. Under gaming and animation policy, the state government proposed to create dedicated infrastructure in the form of ‘Game City’ over six lakh square feet of space.
13. The government planning to set up two large electronics manufacturing clusters in nearly 1,000 acres on the Hyderabad outskirts.
14. Plans to expand the existing T-Hub to 30,000 sq ft, which will have the capacity of 900 startups.
15. The new IT policy proposes to build similar incubation centers in Tier-II cities and mobilize Rs 2000 crores to enable the industry grow.