An unknown number of terrorists attacked a Border Security Force (BSF) camp and an Army camp on Sunday night in Baramulla, Jammu and Kashmir, just four days after the Indian Army carried out surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the Line of Control( LoC) in Pakistan.
Here are the 10 latest developments:
1. The terrorists entered into the 46 Rajasthan Rifles camp Sunday night through an adjoining BSF camp, fired at and hurled grenades on the two military camps.
2 During the gunfight, one BSF jawan was killed and another was injured.
3. The martyred jawan has been identified as constable Nitin and the injured jawan is constable Pulwinder. Both belong to the 40th battalion of the BSF, officials said.
4. At least two terrorists were also killed in the gunbattle.
5. Baramulla lies between Srinagar and the frontier settlement of Uri, where terrorists attacked an Army base on September 18 killing 19 soldiers.
6. Senior BSF officials have reached the spot and are monitoring the situation.
7. Security forces have launched a search operation in the area and no firing has been reported since midnight.
8. A BSF official has briefed Union home minister Rajnath Singh about the attack.
9. The Home minister and national security adviser Ajit Doval have discussed the incident and instructed the forces abut any future course of action
10. Sunday’s strike comes exactly a fortnight after the Uri attack and four days after India conducted surgical strikes on terror camps across the LoC in Pakistan, taking out at least 38 terrorists.