10 Big plans of Andhra Pradesh in Aviation.
Andhra Pradesh to soon top in India with biggest number of operating commercial airports (Domestic/International ).
Here are some interesting plans of govt of Andhra Pradesh in Aviation Industry:
1. Srikakulam, Kurnool, Ongole and Kuppam (Chithoor district ) to get new small scale Airports.
2. A new green field international airport to be built in Visakhapatnam. This is to meet the demand of increasing traffic as Visakhapatnam grows as the financial capital of Andhra Pradesh.
3. Vijayawada and Tirupati airports will be expanded and upgraded to International Airports.
4. A new mid range airport to be built in Nellore.
5. Kadapa Airport completed its construction and is ready to host operations.
6. Kuppam airport to hold cargo units serving the fruit and flower exports from rayalaseema districts.
7. Puttaparthi Airport to host the “Airline Service Center” and to serve as Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul base.
8. Vijayawada to host a “Fuel Refilling Center”. Tax of only 1% to be laid on aviation fuel purchased in andhra pradesh to encourage more airlines and services to choose andhra pradesh as a stop increasing the air traffic.
9. AP to start sea plane tourism with amphibians flying between reservoirs, harbors and airports.
10. Nagarjuna sagar airstrip will be developed as tourism air strip operating chopper and 4 seater air rides around Nagarjuna Sagar Dam. Nagarjuna Sagar dam is in neighboring telugu state Telangana, while the Nagarjuna Sagar air strip is in AP.